Your 10-Minute Zero-Carbon Assessment
The Clean Energy Revolution is about safety, health, and prosperity. It’s about seizing the greatest economic opportunity of the 21st century and making your organization stronger and more resilient. Moreover, it’s about positive leadership and making the world a better place.
We rely on energy for almost every aspect of our daily lives at home, work, and school. We depend on it for our food, clothing, shelter, jobs, transportation, and leisure. There is no larger input to our overall economy than energy.
The question is, are you going to thrive in this period of rapid change and disruption when the old, centralized, fossil-fuel business model of the past is displaced by the new, distributed, clean energy model of the future? Or are you going to just survive … or worse, be left behind?
In this assessment, you will learn how your organization is performing relative to those who are helping lead this Revolution. The goal is not to give yourself the best score possible, but to be honest and recognize where you are doing well … and where you need to improve.
Are you ready?
Please qualify each statement below with the most accurate response and total your score:
Strongly Agree (5) Agree (4) Neutral (3) Disagree (2) Strongly Disagree (1)
- Sustainability and resilience are important values in my organization.
- My organization is committed to achieving a zero-carbon footprint.
- LED lighting and other energy efficiency measures are installed in our facilities.
- Heat pumps heat our water and spaces so that we don’t need to burn natural gas.
- Renewable energy is purchased offsite or generated onsite to power our facilities.
- Charging stations are installed at our organization to promote electric car use.
- Employees and visitors are encouraged to use electric cars via incentives.
- Electric batteries power our building at night and when the grid goes down.
- My organization encourages other stakeholders to walk the sustainability talk.
- My organization advocates for a price on carbon to accelerate the clean energy revolution.
If your total score is 35-50, congratulations… you are a true leader in the Clean Energy Revolution. Your organization is a model for what success looks like in the future. Customers, employees, and other stakeholders will want to be associated with your culture and brand.
If your total score is 25-34, then you are showing good progress in reducing your organization’s carbon footprint, but you still have room for improvement. Think beyond the energy savings and leverage the strategic HR and PR benefits of clean energy leadership.
If your total score is 10-24, then you have a long way to go to benefit from the Clean Energy Revolution. But the good news is, simply taking this quiz shows you want to reduce your carbon footprint. Set bold goals and make your organization the leader you want it to be.
Whether it takes you 1 year, 5 years, or 10 years, we all need to achieve zero-carbon as soon as possible. And those who achieve this goal the fastest will reap the greatest rewards in the coming years and decades.